Yes, it’s that time of year again. Let’s take a quick look back at the posts (from 2017!) you read the most.
- SQL Developer v17.2 is now available
- SQL Developer v4.2 is now available
- Release News, What’s On Tap (where I announce our new numbering scheme)
- Real Time SQL Monitoring Update
- What is the Future of SQL Developer?
- Oracle Database 12cR2 is Now Available – and so is our new VirtualBox Appliance
- Developer Oracle REST Data Services with SQL Developer
- Upcoming Webcasts – Getting Started with SQLDev, SQLcl, & ORDS
This post has the YouTube videos – about 3 hours of infotainment!
- Tuning the Instance Viewer
- Your #1 Reason for Upgrading to version 4.2 of SQL Developer
And the most popular post overall, regardless of when it was published? – How to Import from Excel to Oracle Using SQL Developer.
I think we can easily discern what you folks like to read about – the NEW stuff.
Other Fun Facts from 2017
Most of you came and read a single post.
You spent on average 4 minutes reading my bad jokes.
Of more than a million page views, almost all of you came from Google searches. The top referrers after that were Twitter, StackOverflow, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
92% of you read posts on a proper computer, or Windows desktop…vs a mobile device.
You spent 390,000 minutes watching videos…at about 2:40 a viewing.
You liked my videos 445 times and liked-not-so-much 24 times – thanks for keeping me honest, haters! Seriously, all feedback is welcome.
I tweeted about 3,300 times – about 3,100 times too many.
As we come to the close of 2017, thanks again everyone for letting me hang out with you this year. I hope you learned a few things. I know I did!