There’s tons of great info out there. Sometimes you just need help finding it.
Here are some bloggers you should subscribe to. Not everyone can publish daily or even weekly, but these folks, when they DO publish, put out good, solid stuff.
And many of these guys and gals will be at Open World and probably Pythian’s Blogger Party. If you’re not blogging yet, you still have time to start to get your invite 🙂
The only criteria I have for this list is that: 1) you don’t work for Oracle, 2) you blog about ‘Oracle stuff’, 3) I have personally read your blog.
So in no particular order:
- Danny Bryant – trivia: speaks um pouco Portuguese. Suggested post: Reject Malformed Email Using Check Constraints with REGEXP_LIKE function
- Galo Balda – trivia: enjoys sending me Google Chat messages in his free time 🙂 Suggested post: SQL Developer’s PL/SQL Debugger and Oracle 12c
- Kent Graziano – trivia: helped create several of your favorite US-based UG conferences. Suggested post: The best FREE data modeling tool ever
- Monty Latiolais – trivia: I won $5 on a bet re: his hat. Suggested post: Pivots Made Easy with APEX 5
- Heli Helskyaho – trivia: she’s from Finland. Suggested post: How to Define a Primary Key using Data Modeler
- Martin D’Souza – trivia: only skates on the fastest ice. Suggested post: Back to Basics: the HTML Form
- Rob Lockard – trivia: flies his own restored plane to work, which happens to be where I did a college internship. Suggested post: #Oracle #TDE #dataleak #Histograms
- Martin Widlake – trivia: one of the nicest Martin’s I know and is responsible for the London Beer Oracle meetups. Suggested post: STANDARD date considerations in Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- David Fitzjarrell – trivia: not so grumpy it turns out. Suggested post: How Can I Compress Thee
- Chet Justice – trivia: he’s a nerd and part-time professional heckler. He also likes to toss a ball with Cary. Suggested post: Learning OBIEE
- Cary Milsap – trivia: good at performance AND life stuff. Suggested Post: My Friend Karen.
- Doug Burns – trivia: gives me lessons in words of curse. Suggested post: Diagnosing Locking Problems Using ASH/Logminer
- Sarah Zumbrum – trivia: runs faster than you, trained by the US Govt, do not mess with under any circumstances. Suggested post: EPMA Batch Script Utility Ultra Edit Wordfile (.uew)
- Wayne D. Van Sluys – trivia: fluent in multiple languages including beer and SQL. Suggested post: SQL Developer and Map Data
- Jérôme Françoisse – trivia: older than his years. Suggested post: Oracle Data Integrator to load Oracle BICS and Oracle Storage Cloud Service
- Robin Moffatt – trivia: posts to Untappd more than I do. Suggested post: Using the ELK Stack to Analyse Donor’s Choose Data
- Kerry Osbourne – trivia: Mr. Enkitec and all-around cool guy. Suggested post: SQL Translation Framework
- Martin Berx – trivia: used to work for Oracle Support, he’s a survivor! Suggested post: Enhanced SQL Trace
- Jorge Rimblas – trivia: definitely knows how to pronounce APEX. Suggested post: 12c WITH inline PL/SQL, json_from_sql, Bind Variables and AJAX
- Richard Foote – trivia: looks nothing like David Bowie. Suggested post: Why do DELETES Cause an Index to Grow?
- Ric Van Dyke – trivia: helps run the best little Oracle performance tuning conference in Texas. Suggested post: Singing in the key of primary – Why your primary keys should be artificial
- Tanel Poder – triva: used to do Oracle stuff. Suggested post: Sqlplus is my second home, part 8: Embedding multiple sqlplus arguments into one variable
- Mauro Pagano – trivia: he can fix any SQL performance issue. Suggested post: How to get a SQL Testcase in a single step
- Bruno Borges – trivia: flew all the way to Oslo to hang out with me once. Suggested post: Nashorn Maven: Easy Library Classpath Setup
- Kyle Hailey – trivia: managed to replicate himself. Suggested post: DHCP: VirtualBox vs VMWare on laptops
- Stew Ashton – trivia: asked Tom a question once. Suggested Post: Comparing NULLable Values
- Bobby Curtis- trivia: helps 2 OUGs kick butt. Suggested Post: Common vs Local Users in 12c
- Franck Pachot – trivia: Master and ACE of his domain. Suggested Post: Configuring Resource Manager with SQL Developer
- Kim Berg Hansen – trivia: really wants an EMEA KScope. Suggested Post: Row pattern matching nested within hierarchy
- Jonathan Lewis – trivia: has written a book or two. Suggested Post: Ignoring Hints
- Scott Spendolini – trivia: bleeds Orange. Suggested Post: Little League, Big Data
- Rene Antunez – trivia: knows donde esta la biblioteca. Suggested Post: Creating an Oracle Database Cloud Service
I know I didn’t get everyone, sorry. Feel free to drop a link in the comments!
Some Parting Advice for Bloggers
Blogger sites are OK, and Google does a good job of servicing them, mostly. But Google has basically killed the platform. No new updates, and not much flexibility in look and feel. Try our WordPress. You can do ANYTHING with it.
Add a popular posts widget to your sidebar.
Make sure a link to your blog is on your Twitter profile and LinkedIn pages.
Use bigger fonts. Don’t make it hard to read your stuff.