I got to deliver my favorite topic at Cloud World this year: Database Tools Tips & Tricks! LIVE and on-stage in Las Vegas, my first in several years.
Luckily for anyone not able to attend, the organizers picked 50 technical talks from the Database track to be recorded and available for replay, on-demand.
But first, what are ‘Database Tools Tips & Tricks?’ Well, it’s some things I think you should know about our tools such as SQL Developer Web, SQlcl, and Oracle REST Data Services.
I was give a STRICT 30 minutes time limit. So I took 33 minutes, oops!
Even though it’s ‘only’ a half-hour, I figured you might enjoy some bookmarks to jump around to get the content your most interested in.
Chapters..to the good stuff!
SQL Developer Web! 2:52
- Tip #1 Take full advantage of the editor 8:59
- Tip #2 Use the Code Palette 10:13
- Tip #3 Open & Save local files, from your browser! 13:04
- Tip #4 Use the PL/SQL editor 14:47
- Tip #6 Searching for things in your database 17:45
- Tip #7 Let us help you work with dates, intervals, BLOBs, and more 19:46
- Tip #1 Easier CI/CD with Automated Change Management (Liquibase) 25:23
- Tip #2 Data Pump export from any database anywhere, and automatically copy the DMP file up to your OCI Object Store 27:23
ORDS & REST APIs 28:47
- Tip #1 Generating hyperlinks for your SQL based REST API 29:46
- Tip #2 Generating hyperlinks for your PL/SQL based REST APIs 30:39
- Tip #3 Use swagger tools to design your APIs, then import them to ORDS! 31:16
What you missed by not ‘being there’
Maria asked me to show off our new SQL Execution Plan viewer. So I did that.
And I also teased our future SQL Developer desktop platform. It’s all new!