So go download it.
I’m at the beach this week, not working. Mostly.
I’ll be talking about our newest addition to the family, pretty much non-stop, starting next week and stopping when version.NEXT is released. You have plenty to look forward to
For now, just a few points:
- We’re not distributing the JDK on Windows 32 bit distributions anymore
- We now require Java 1.7 JDK by default
- Windows installs will attempt to auto-find the JDK for you on the first run – if you’re in 64-bit mode, run the 64.exe in the bin directory and we’ll look for the 64bit JDK – once it’d defined, you can run the main dir exe again
- We’re shipping an 220.127.116.11 JDBC driver now, so you’ll need an 18.104.22.168 client to use OCI/thick connections – this will SOON change to 12cR1 driver/client requirement
- All 3rd party extensions are currently disabled – our framework has changed such that they will need to be updated to be compatible with the new version – more to follow early next week
- This is the first EA release for 4.0 – there will be more as you help us fine tune and tweak the new features and identify bugs
- Don’t be shy with your feedback, you won’t hurt our feelings
Now, back to the beach