Need to publish Web Services (HTTPS) for your Oracle Database? Welcome to ORDS!
ORDS is our middle tier JAVA application that allows you to access your Oracle Database resources via REST. Use standard HTTP calls (GET|POST|PUT|DELETE|HEAD) via URIs that ORDS makes available (/ords/database123/user3/module5/something/.)
ORDS will find and run the appropriate database workload (a query, an anonymous block), and return the output as formatted JSON.
Or if you prefer pictures:
Here are some posts to help you get started with Oracle REST Data Services.
- Latest and Greatest Slides & Video
- Install and Configure ORDS from SQL Developer
- Creating an ORDS User
- Developing a RESTful Service with SQL Developer’s IDE (Video)
- Securing All Services in a Schema with a Privilege
- Route Parameters OR Query Strings
- Automatic REST: Overview/Slides/Oracle Magazine
- Auto REST In Depth: Insert Record(s) with POST
- Auto REST In Depth: Batch Load CSV with POST
- GET BLOBs and Media Types
- POST BLOBs – Uploading Files via REST using the :body Bind Variable
- Parameters and :binds
- Generating Links in your JSON responses using $ notation
ALL of my ORDS Posts (also good for RSS feeds)
We have 3 other great blog resources for you when it comes to ORDS:
- GitHub Examples
- ORDS dev boss, developer, and all things Oracle tools extraordinaire, Kris Rice
- ORDS lead developer, Colm Divilly